It has been an extremely weird and wonderful week my friends.
Monday ih ad an audtion which seemed to go quite well. they immediately didn’t want me for the role I thought i was going to be- a nurse- so they were considering me for other roles. They looked me up and down a few times before asking ” do you run?”
” um well I ran in university”
Great. One of the patients was a runner. Here is her disease ___ improvize that you have it
so away i went pretending i had this fictious disease.And from what i could tell it went well.
I should note that at this point I already was awaiting another audition I did on the weekend, that I thought went well too – I mean they told me ” that was really fun” that couldn’t have been for nothing right?
So needless to say i was excited and nervous, and freaking out, and why haven’t they called me back, and excited omg what does this mean-ing.
Tuesday rolled around, and still nothing. No inkling that they might want to see me.
Needless to say i was feeling very inecure.
In an lamost overwhelmingly hilarious of the universe, I got an audition as a dominatrix that day, where I had to be a confident well, dominant woman. HA. I was so insecure sitting in that waiting room I can’t event tell you!
Alas i did get the call and I booked the job! We filmed outside of Misson at an old residential school. The day was insane
- I got picked up a few minutes later than i expected and the driver didn’t know how to get to the set from my house. It wasn’t his fault though, his GPS kept telling him o take a ferry that hasn’t been in existence for about 10 years!
- Arrived on set, could barely stomach anything i had so many butterflies!All the crew were rushing each other. I got pulled into hair and makeup, and pulled ut to go do this and that, then pulled back. It was a funny game of tug of war
- Was on set faster than i anticipaed.There was no waiting around thats for sure! Met my” boyfriend’ right away and talked boundaries
- Went for the risk of kissing him but not slapping him in a scene ( all improvized), which made me feel equally proud of myself and sad
- Got a hug fro mthe director after a scene where I was supposed to be sad looking at myself in the mirror while injecting myself with fake needles ( which actually bruised my skin!!)
- Got to run outside in the largest field of dandelions you’ve ever seen!!
- Met my “husband”. We had to start with a romantic night. Good god was that not believable.
- Got to pretend I was tired and sleeping. A shadow came across the camera- was it a ghost?
- Got to be pretend pregnant.Man those pregnancy bellys are funny. It was annoying those the bottom of it was like a bra and it was so difficult to attach- and it wasn’t like i was going to ask someone to do up this fake pregancy strap thats across my crotch
- Had lunch and met some incredible background performers. One kid that really impressed me is 19 and has already written his one script!! ( i went to the movies later and saw him on a commercial too! So rad!) Also formally met a girl who I had met at the Dominatrix audtion!
- Got to improvize mega scenes in the doctors offices. Lots of good stuff man these actors are giving. Got to pretned I finally had a cure, was moody and angry; but i got shy with the ones where I was pretending to be a teen looking for answers with my mom . Letting my mom do the talking… wonder if i should have asked if that was the right choice?!
- A guy from one of my acting classes was my doctor in a scene where i had to throw up!
- They were originally going to give me pudding to throw up but im allergic to dairy. I asked them to make somethign else, and the prop guy had a fricking time coming up with it.I threw up. I should also note here that week at work I’d thrown up too. Method i guess!
- Talked more with other actors like the nurse that looked liek Queen Latifah, had a bit more time to chill, while the ” miniute me” got to do her scenes. Learned more about the girl’s story, and the writer set me up with her email address so i could write her if I wanted!!
- Had my last sene. Was kind of shy in it- did I do a good enough job of showing how happy I was to be there?
- Its a wrap!!!!!!!
- Drove home at dusk thinking about what an amazing expereince that was
Writing it I can see that admist the magic of that day there is still work to be done, still things I didn’t go for, places within my self I can go deeper. I’ve been riding cloud nine for a couple weeks walking like I have the biggest -you-know-what, but really its time to get grounded and get back in the saddle.
I’ve signed up for a casting workshop next month and I am really hoping to put my head down for the next few weeks and just get myself prepared to do good work!